Many buildings still contain asbestos, in fact any building built before the year 2000 is likely to contain it. In view of this fact asbestos awareness training is essential for anyone whose work may mean they come into contact with asbestos, in fact it’s also a legal duty.
As UKATA registered training providers we offer a comprehensive asbestos awareness half day training course.
- An overview of the history and properties of asbestos with practical application of the information.
- The effects of asbestos on health and the issues that raises and a review of practical ways to protect yourself and others.
- An extensive and thorough review of products containing asbestos; the uses and potential locations. The trainer draws on his own experience here to make this both an informative and lively section.
- Regulation and guidance relating to asbestos and your responsibilities in this regard.
- Asbestos surveys and how to read them.
- Emergency procedures in event of an uncontrolled release of asbestos
Courses are for 15 people and can be delivered either at one of our facilities or on your own site where adequate facilities are available.
Each delegate upon passing a short UKATA assessment receives a numbered UKATA certificate.